Machu Picchu Trek experience - Never have I......
This entry was posted on 30th August 2019
- had to use a squat toilet
- had so many mosquito bites
- had so many nosebleeds and blocked nose
- smelt so bad (not washing in 4 days!!) and been so dusty
- had to stop after 10 steps to catch my breath (and wondering if all the hours in the gym actually paid off)
- wanted a hill to stop as much as I did with Dead Woman’s Pass
- slept so little and walked so much (over 123,500 steps/900 floors)
- had my legs and hands swell"
……so you think I didn’t enjoy myself????? Read on….
“Never have I…..
- had a selfie with an alpaca
- eaten an alpaca (not the same one but on the same day!!)
- eaten guinea pig
- eaten baby condor
- eaten such nice food on the trek (how Cecilio managed to cook what he did in the middle of nowhere was amazing)
- eaten homemade nachos
- felt as though I was in a film set and the mountains were on a green screen
- seen hummingbirds close up
- seen Andean turkeys, guinea pigs and toucans
- drank so much coca tea (and chewed the leaves)
- white water rafted down a Peruvian river
- salsa danced in a Peru club
- drank pisco sours and Winay Pichu cocktails
- had just wonderful smoothies and juices (passion fruit was a favourite)
- taken so many shots of a different culture
- felt in awe of the beautiful mountains
- felt comradeship like I did on the trek
- had just a great adventure”
I was a pleasure and a privilege SEXY PUMAS
Now when someone says do you want to have a look at my holiday photos there is probably going to be BIG GROAN!………..but humour me, take a look……...
Guest blogger - Tracey Hutchison