Website: : https://www.aspinallfoundation.org/
The Aspinall Foundation are an internationally renowned animal conservation charity that works in conjunction with Howletts and Port Lympne Wild Animal Parks in Kent. dedicated to protecting endangered animals around the globe, we were founded in 1984. Now, over 30 years on, the foundation is known for returning captive bred animals to protected wilderness areas and reserves worldwide. Our parks lead the way in animal care, enclosure design, enrichment and are designed to be breeding sanctuaries for some of the world’s most endangered animals. The Aspinall Foundation fund, support and manage animal protection projects in Congo, Gabon, Java, Madagascar and many more around the world.
A few highlights:
- In Madagascar with our protection The Greater Bamboo Lemur has gone from a population of 100 to 1000.
- We have successfully released 72 Gorillas into Congo & Gabon and have had over 30 wild births!
- One of our packs of Painted Dogs will sent to Africa from Port Lympne in the next few months to be released back to the wild, this is the first ever Painted Dog Reintroduction!
- We are protecting one million acres of African savannah and forest in Gabon & Congo helping an entire ecosystem to recover and thrive once again.
- We are working with local community groups and schools in Kent to improve conservation awareness and promoting ways to look after local habitats.