- Challenge Information
Formation Wing Walking Challenge
Dates available (Cirencester / Gloucestershire site)
The Cirencester / Gloucestershire aerodrome have availability on weekdays only, between March to October 2024.
Share your experience with a breathtaking formation wingwalk. On the top wing of your respective aircraft, you will both take to the skies in a simultaneous and spectacular performance you’ll never forget.This incredibly unique experience offering two wingwalkers the opportunity to be part of their own private, formation wingwalking display.Flown by two of our world renowned professional wingwalking display pilots, you will both take to the skies, each of you standing on the top wing of one of our fleet of five classic 1940’s Boeing Stearman Biplanes.
Once airborne your senses will be on overload. Gracefully flying right next to each other, side by side, feel the tremendous sense of freedom, take in the unbelievably stunning views surrounding our private airfield, whilst waving to friends and family on the ground below
Self funded - £1,200 per couple
Fundraising option (cost of the challenge is paid from the funds raised) - £2500 per couple
£100 Deposit to secure chosen date for 2 joint flights.
- Minimum age:18
- Maximum height: 6ft 2in
- Maximum weight: 14 Stones
- Maximum waist measurement (including clothing): 40 inches (102cm)
- Participants must be able to climb unassisted to the top of the aircraft
- Participants must meet all of the health requirements (epilepsy, previous head injury, fainting, fits, any disease of the brain or nervous system, high blood pressure, heart or lung disease, weakness or dislocation of any limb, weakness or injury of the neck, diabetes, mental illness, drug or alcohol addiction)
- Spectators are welcome. Please mention when making your booking if you intend to have more than 10 spectators
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary according to location
This experience is available on selected weekdays throughout the season ( from March to October )
We recommend you book in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
You can expect to be at the venue for at least 3 hours, your flight will last 8 to 10 minutes.
What about insurance?
The centre holds public liability insurance. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
A cancellation indemnity, subject to terms, is included.
How it worksOn payment of the deposit we will contact your chosen charity to let them know you are supporting them.Once you have raised the minimum donation the charity will cover the cost of the challenge.
The wing walk challenge is weather dependent therefore it may be wise NOT to book and pay for any travel and accommodation in advance.
- What's Included