- Challenge Information
Support the MNDA with the Wing Walking Challenge
Dates available (Gloucestershire and Kent aerodromes) between April - October 2024
The Motor Neurone Disease Association is the only national charity in England, Wales and Northern Ireland dedicated to improve care and support for people affected by Motor Neurone Disease, fund and promote research, campaign and raise awareness so the needs of people with Motor Neurone Disease are addressed by society.
Working alongside the Gloucestershire and Kent aerodromes we are able to offer this amazing challenge for you to experience the thrill of a wing walking ride from these private aerodromes for the MNDA charity.
Flights available between April - October 2024
What happens on the day?
Upon arrival, you’ll be welcomed by the team before being briefed ready for your flight.
Then it’ll be time to get strapped in ready for your flight. Before you know it, you’ll have taken to the skies for your unforgettable wing walk. Brace yourself as your pilot goes through the motions with a series of climbs, banks and dives.
Your booking is valid for 12 months from the date full payment is received.
Please note you must have booked and taken your experience before the expiry date- Wing Walkers must be between 18 and 65 years old (Doctors letter/note required on the day to confirm fitness for 65 years plus)
- You must be between 5 and 6ft tall (1.52-1.83m)- Spectators are welcome. Please mention when making your booking if you intend to have more than 10 spectators
- Maximum weight limit for the for Gloucestershire airfield 14 stone- Maximum weight limit for Kent aerodrome is 13 stone 4lbs (85kg)- Participants must be able to climb unassisted to the top of the aircraft
- You cannot take part if you have or are suffering from Epilepsy, fits, severe head injury, blackouts, fainting or giddiness, disease of the brain or nervous system, high blood pressure, heart or lung disease, recurrent weakness or dislocation of any limb, diabetes, mental illness, drug or alcohol addiction
- If you have any pre existing medical conditions which you feel may prevent you from taking part you should consult your doctor
- All wingwalkers will be required to sign a disclaimer prior to taking part
- You will be securely attached to the aircraft at all times using a purpose built CAA approved harness and rig
- You should wear a couple of layers of close fitting comfortable clothing and flat soled lace up footwear
- Earplugs and goggles are provided- Jewellery will need to be removed for the display- Pets are not allowed on the airfieldThe wing walk challenge is weather dependent therefore it may be wise NOT to book and pay for any travel and accommodation in advance.
What about insurance?
The centre holds public liability insurance. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
How it works
On payment of the deposit we will contact your chosen charity to let them know you are supporting them.
Once you have raised the minimum donation the charity will cover the cost of the challenge, which is £450.00 for Kent and £400 for Gloucestershire, then the they keep the remaining donation to benefit their charity.
When you select the fundraising funding option you agree to raise the minimum of £1000 (Kent) or £800 (Gloucestershire) per person in sponsorship for your charity. You agree to send sponsorship money to the charity as they raise it. 100% of the minimum sponsorship required must be sent to the charity no later than eight weeks prior to the challenge. We then invoice the charity for the £450 (Kent) or £400 (Gloucestershire) cost per person, this means that the charity receives a minimum of £550 (Kent) or £400 (Gloucestershire) per person in profit from each challenger.
- What's Included